January 22, 2021
Please see the information below from PCPHA regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in Plumas County. For the most updated information please go to PCPHA website at www.plumascounty.us and select COVID-19 tab and then select vaccine tab. Public Health will have a vaccination information line 530-283-6188, which will be activated Monday, January 25 to assist with questions.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- There is not enough vaccine to meet the demand for vaccine across Plumas County, California or the country. Prioritizing the preservation of health care infrastructure, preventing hospitalization and death are the current state priorities for the limited supply.
- Plumas County is in process of finishing Phase 1a of vaccination which included health care workers and residents of skilled nursing facilities.
- The County has started Phase 1b with an initial focus on Educators, Day Care providers and 75 and older.
- Public Health is waiting for clarity from the state regarding the next priorities in group 1b. Plumas County will revise our vaccine plan to reflect the state’s intended changes.
- Due to our county’s limited vaccine supply, 75 and older is currently our priority group.
- In order to reach this group as well as other future groups, Public Health is working on a web-based platform for the residents of Plumas County to provide information in order to create waiting list and contact those who are eligible to receive a vaccine when the vaccine opened becomes available.
- Any current waiting list will be incorporated into this platform
- A phone number will be available to those who need assistance or do not have internet availability to access the platform
- The County is aiming to have a platform operational by first week of February
- No vaccination clinics planned at this time; waiting on more vaccines from state
- 2nd doses have begun for those in Phase 1a tier 1